Од Викиречник
Прејди на прегледникот Прејди на пребарувањето


Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 20:02, 9 август 2016 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 17:08, 12 септември 2016 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Wikidata for Wiktionary: let’s get ready for lexicographical data![уреди]

Hello all,

Sorry for writing this message in English, please feel free to translate it in your own language below.

The Wikidata development team will start working on integrating lexicographical data in the knowledge base soon and we want to make sure we do this together with you.

Wikidata is a constantly evolving project and after four years of existence, we start with implementing support for Wiktionary editors and content, by allowing you to store and improve lexicographical data, in addition to the concepts already maintained by thousands of editors on Wikidata.

We have been working on this idea for almost three years and improving it with a lot of inputs from community members to understand Wiktionary processes.

Starting this project, we hope that the editors will be able to collaborate across Wiktionaries more easily. We expect to increase the number of editors and visibility of languages, and we want to provide the groundwork for new tools for editors.

Our development plan contains several phases in order to build the structure to include lexicographical data:

  • creating automatic interwiki links on Wiktionary,
  • creating new entity types for lexemes, senses, and forms on Wikidata,
  • providing data access to Wikidata from Wiktionary
  • improving the display of lexicographical information on Wikidata.

During the next months, we will do our best to provide you the technical structure to store lexicographical data on Wikidata and use it on Wiktionary. Don’t hesitate to discuss this within your local community, and give us feedback about your needs and the particularities of your languages.

Information about supporting lexicographical entities on Wikidata is available on this page. You can find an overview of the project, the detail of the development plan, answers to frequently asked questions, and a list of people ready to help us. If you want to have general discussions and questions about the project, please use the general talk page, as we won’t be able to follow all the talk pages on Wiktionaries. If you don’t feel comfortable with English, you can write in your own language and hopefully someone will volunteer to translate.

Bests regards, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk)

Grants to improve your project[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик:

Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.

I JethroBT (WMF) (talk) 22:11, 30 септември 2016 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Creative Commons 4.0[уреди]

Здраво! Ви пишувам од Фондацијата викимедија со цел да ве повикам да дадете ваше мислење за предложениот преод од лиценцата CC BY-SA 3.0 на лиценцата CC BY-SA 4.0 ширум сите Викимедиини проекти. Консултацијата ќе трае од 5 октомври до 8 ноември, и се надеваме дека ќе добиеме разновидни гледишта и ставови. Доколку сте заинтересирани, би ве замолиле да учествувате во расправата на Мета. Joe Sutherland (talk) 03:07, 6 октомври 2016 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Password reset[уреди]

I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽

We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.

Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.

In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.

Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (разговор) / MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 00:59, 14 ноември 2016 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Adding to the above section (Password reset)[уреди]

Please accept my apologies - that first line should read "Help with translations!". Joe Sutherland (WMF) (talk) / MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 01:11, 14 ноември 2016 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

New way to edit wikitext[уреди]

James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --20:33, 14 декември 2016 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[уреди]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.

This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.

The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 21:31, 15 февруари 2017 (CET) • Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазикGet help

Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[уреди]

Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.

Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:

More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation, 20:43, 9 март 2017 (CET) • Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазикGet help

We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[уреди]

06:10, 18 март 2017 (CET)

Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.

The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.

The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).

We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.

Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.

The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.

The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.

  • April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
  • April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
  • April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
  • May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
  • May 15–19 – Board vote checking
  • May 20 – Board result announcement goal

In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:

  • Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
    • There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
  • Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
    • One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.

Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.

More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-elections(at)wikimedia.org.

On behalf of the Election Committee,
Katie Chan, Chair, Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee
Joe Sutherland, Community Advocate, Wikimedia Foundation

Posted by MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 05:37, 7 април 2017 (CEST) • Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазикGet help

Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[уреди]

MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 19:34, 11 април 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Cognate & automatic interlanguage links[уреди]

Hello all,

(I'm sorry to write in English, feel free to translate in your own language below)

From April 24th, a new interlanguage link system will be deployed on all Wiktionaries. This extension, Cognate, automatically links the pages with the same title between the Wiktionaries. This means they no longer have to be added in the pages of the main namespace.

This new feature has been developed by Wikimedia Deutschland as the first step of the project Wikidata for Wiktionary, but does not rely on Wikidata.

To allow the feature to operate, all the former interlanguage links have to be removed from the wikitext. You can do this by using a bot, as it was done on Wikipedia in the past. If you leave them in they will overwrite the automatic links.

During the development we had a lot of discussions with Wiktionary editors to understand their needs, but it's possible that some automatic links don't work as you would expect. If you find some bugs or have suggestions for improvements, feel free to add a sub-task on Phabricator or add a message on this talk page.

Thanks, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk)

21:14, 3 мај 2017 (CEST)

Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View[уреди]

Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16:41, 8 мај 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16:44, 16 мај 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

23:08, 16 мај 2017 (CEST)

23:05, 23 мај 2017 (CEST)

Enable sitelinks on Wikidata for Wiktionary pages[уреди]


I’m sorry to write this message in English. Please help us translating the full message here!

Short version: From June 20th, we are going to store the interwiki links of all the namespaces (except main, user and talk) in Wikidata. This will not break your Wiktionary, but if you want to use all the features, you will have to remove your sitelinks from wikitext and connect your pages to Wikidata.

Long version available and translatable here.

If you have any question or concern, feel free to ping me.

Thanks, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) (talk) 10:38, 1 јуни 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Sitelinks are enabled on Wikidata for Wiktionary pages (outside main namespace)[уреди]


I’m sorry to write this message in English. Please help us translating the full message here!

Short version: Since yesterday, we are able to store the interwiki links of all the Wiktionaries namespaces (except main, citations, user and talk) in Wikidata. This will not break your Wiktionary, but if you want to use all the features, you will have to remove your sitelinks from wikitext and connect your pages to Wikidata.

Important: even if it is technically possible, you should not link Wiktionary main namespace pages from Wikidata. The interwiki links for them are already provided by Cognate.

Long version available and translatable here.

If you encounter any problem or find a bug, feel free to ping me.

Thanks, MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 10:28, 21 јуни 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Enabling Page Previews[уреди]

CKoerner (WMF) 17:02, 6 јули 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Accessible editing buttons[уреди]

--Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 18:56, 27 јули 2017 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Columns for references[уреди]

20:23, 1 септември 2017 (CEST)

New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[уреди]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 23:07, 20 ноември 2017 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Tell us what you think about the automatic links for Wiktionary[уреди]


Birgit Müller (WMDE) 16:53, 7 мај 2018 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Lexicographical data is now available on Wikidata[уреди]

Global preferences are available[уреди]

21:19, 10 јули 2018 (CEST)

New user group for editing sitewide CSS / JS[уреди]

Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard[уреди]

Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[уреди]

(Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик)

Hi all,

as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the interface-admin (Администратори на посредникот) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.

Tgr (talk) 14:40, 27 август 2018 (CEST) (via global message delivery)Одговори[одговори]

Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[уреди]

15:33, 6 септември 2018 (CEST)

The Community Wishlist Survey[уреди]

12:06, 30 октомври 2018 (CET)

Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web[уреди]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 20:34, 13 ноември 2018 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Community Wishlist Survey vote[уреди]

19:13, 22 ноември 2018 (CET)

Advanced Search[уреди]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) (talk) 12:02, 26 ноември 2018 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

New Wikimedia password policy and requirements[уреди]

CKoerner (WMF) (talk) 21:03, 6 декември 2018 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Selection of the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019[уреди]

Dear all,

Sorry for posting this message in English and last minute notification. The Tremendous Wiktionary User Group could send one representative to the Wikimedia Summit 2019 (formerly "Wikimedia Conference"). The Wikimedia Summit is an yearly conference of all organizations affiliated to the Wikimedia Movement (including our Tremendous Wiktionary User Group). It is a great place to talk about Wiktionary needs to the chapters and other user groups that compose the Wikimedia movement.

For context, there is a short report on what happened last year. The deadline is very close to 24 hrs. The last date for registration is 17 December 2018. As a last minute effort, there is a page on meta to decide who will be the representative of the user group to the Wikimedia Summit created.

Please feel free to ask any question on the wiktionary-l mailing list or on the talk page.

For the Tremendous Wiktionary User Group, -- Balajijagadesh 06:56, 16 декември 2018 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Invitation from Wiki Loves Love 2019[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

Love is an important subject for humanity and it is expressed in different cultures and regions in different ways across the world through different gestures, ceremonies, festivals and to document expression of this rich and beautiful emotion, we need your help so we can share and spread the depth of cultures that each region has, the best of how people of that region, celebrate love.

Wiki Loves Love (WLL) is an international photography competition of Wikimedia Commons with the subject love testimonials happening in the month of February.

The primary goal of the competition is to document love testimonials through human cultural diversity such as monuments, ceremonies, snapshot of tender gesture, and miscellaneous objects used as symbol of love; to illustrate articles in the worldwide free encyclopedia Wikipedia, and other Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) projects.

The theme of 2019 iteration is Celebrations, Festivals, Ceremonies and rituals of love.

Sign up your affiliate or individually at Participants page.

To know more about the contest, check out our Commons Page and FAQs

There are several prizes to grab. Hope to see you spreading love this February with Wiki Loves Love!

Kind regards,

Wiki Loves Love Team

Imagine... the sum of all love!

--MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 11:13, 27 декември 2018 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

FileExporter beta feature[уреди]

Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 10:41, 14 јануари 2019 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

No editing for 30 minutes on 17 January[уреди]

You will not be able to edit the wikis for up to 30 minutes on 17 January 07:00 UTC. This is because of a database problem that has to be fixed immediately. You can still read the wikis. Some wikis are not affected. They don't get this message. You can see which wikis are not affected on this page. Most wikis are affected. The time you can not edit might be shorter than 30 minutes. /Johan (WMF)

19:49, 16 јануари 2019 (CET)

Talk to us about talking[уреди]

Trizek (WMF) 16:01, 21 февруари 2019 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Read-only mode for up to 30 minutes on 11 April[уреди]

12:56, 8 април 2019 (CEST)

Wikimedia Foundation Medium-Term Plan feedback request[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

The Wikimedia Foundation has published a Medium-Term Plan proposal covering the next 3–5 years. We want your feedback! Please leave all comments and questions, in any language, on the talk page, by April 20. Ви благодариме! Quiddity (WMF) (talk) 19:35, 12 април 2019 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Update on the consultation about office actions[уреди]

Hello all,

Last month, the Wikimedia Foundation's Trust & Safety team announced a future consultation about partial and/or temporary office actions. We want to let you know that the draft version of this consultation has now been posted on Meta.

This is a draft. It is not intended to be the consultation itself, which will be posted on Meta likely in early September. Please do not treat this draft as a consultation. Instead, we ask your assistance in forming the final language for the consultation.

For that end, we would like your input over the next couple of weeks about what questions the consultation should ask about partial and temporary Foundation office action bans and how it should be formatted. Please post it on the draft talk page. Our goal is to provide space for the community to discuss all the aspects of these office actions that need to be discussed, and we want to ensure with your feedback that the consultation is presented in the best way to encourage frank and constructive conversation.

Please visit the consultation draft on Meta-wiki and leave your comments on the draft’s talk page about what the consultation should look like and what questions it should ask.

Thank you for your input! -- The Trust & Safety team 10:03, 16 август 2019 (CEST)

New tools and IP masking[уреди]

16:19, 21 август 2019 (CEST)

The consultation on partial and temporary Foundation bans just started[уреди]

-- Kbrown (WMF) 19:14, 30 септември 2019 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Feedback wanted on Desktop Improvements project[уреди]

09:15, 16 октомври 2019 (CEST)

Movement Learning and Leadership Development Project[уреди]


The Wikimedia Foundation’s Community Development team is seeking to learn more about the way volunteers learn and develop into the many different roles that exist in the movement. Our goal is to build a movement informed framework that provides shared clarity and outlines accessible pathways on how to grow and develop skills within the movement. To this end, we are looking to speak with you, our community to learn about your journey as a Wikimedia volunteer. Whether you joined yesterday or have been here from the very start, we want to hear about the many ways volunteers join and contribute to our movement.

To learn more about the project, please visit the Meta page. If you are interested in participating in the project, please complete this simple Google form. Although we may not be able to speak to everyone who expresses interest, we encourage you to complete this short form if you are interested in participating!

-- LMiranda (WMF) (talk) 20:01, 22 јануари 2020 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Additional interface for edit conflicts on talk pages[уреди]

Sorry, for writing this text in English. If you could help to translate it, it would be appreciated.

You might know the new interface for edit conflicts (currently a beta feature). Now, Wikimedia Germany is designing an additional interface to solve edit conflicts on talk pages. This interface is shown to you when you write on a discussion page and another person writes a discussion post in the same line and saves it before you do. With this additional editing conflict interface you can adjust the order of the comments and edit your comment. We are inviting everyone to have a look at the planned feature. Let us know what you think on our central feedback page! -- For the Technical Wishes Team: Max Klemm (WMDE) 15:15, 26 февруари 2020 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Feedback on movement names[уреди]

Здраво. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик if necessary. Ви благодариме!

There are a lot of conversations happening about the future of our movement names. We hope that you are part of these discussions and that your community is represented.

Since 16 June, the Foundation Brand Team has been running a survey in 7 languages about 3 naming options. There are also community members sharing concerns about renaming in a Community Open Letter.

Our goal in this call for feedback is to hear from across the community, so we encourage you to participate in the survey, the open letter, or both. The survey will go through 7 July in all timezones. Input from the survey and discussions will be analyzed and published on Meta-Wiki.

Thanks for thinking about the future of the movement, --The Brand Project team, 21:39, 2 јули 2020 (CEST)

Note: The survey is conducted via a third-party service, which may subject it to additional terms. For more information on privacy and data-handling, see the survey privacy statement.

Announcing a new wiki project! Welcome, Abstract Wikipedia[уреди]

Sent by m:User:Elitre (WMF) 22:13, 9 јули 2020 (CEST) - m:Special:MyLanguage/Abstract Wikipedia/July 2020 announcement Одговори[одговори]

Technical Wishes: FileExporter and FileImporter become default features on all Wikis[уреди]

Max Klemm (WMDE) 11:13, 6 август 2020 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Important: maintenance operation on September 1st[уреди]

Trizek (WMF) (talk) 15:49, 26 август 2020 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Invitation to participate in the conversation[уреди]

Wiktionary sitelinks dashboard: URL update[уреди]

Hello all, and sorry for writing in English. Feel free to translate this message below.

The Wiktionary Cognate Dashboard presents interesting data about the extension powering your sitelinks. I just wanted to let you know that the URL of this tool changed: it is now accessible at https://wiktionary-analytics.wmcloud.org/Wiktionary_CognateDashboard/ . The former URLs, https://wmdeanalytics.wmflabs.org/Wiktionary_CognateDashboard/ and https://wdcm.wmflabs.org/Wiktionary_CognateDashboard/ , will be disabled on September 25th. Don't forget to update your documentation pages accordingly.

If you have questions about the tool or the URL switch, feel free to ping me. Cheers, Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 13:46, 14 септември 2020 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Wiki of functions naming contest[уреди]

23:16, 29 септември 2020 (CEST)

Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric[уреди]

Здраво. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик.

Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.

Ви благодариме! Qgil-WMF (talk) 19:11, 7 октомври 2020 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Important: maintenance operation on October 27[уреди]

-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) 19:12, 21 октомври 2020 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Wiki of functions naming contest - Round 2[уреди]

23:11, 5 ноември 2020 (CET)

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

19:09, 20 ноември 2020 (CET)

Wikidata descriptions changes to be included more often in Recent Changes and Watchlist[уреди]

2020 Coolest Tool Award Ceremony on December 11th[уреди]

Community Wishlist Survey 2021[уреди]

SGrabarczuk (WMF)

01:52, 15 декември 2020 (CET)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual Event[уреди]

Wikimania's logo.

Здраво. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик. Ви благодариме!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 16:16, 27 јануари 2021 (CET)

Project Grant Open Call[уреди]

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsПредлошка:atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 09:01, 28 јануари 2021 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Wikifunctions logo contest[уреди]

02:52, 2 март 2021 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultations[уреди]

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applications[уреди]

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translators[уреди]

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 00:26, 6 април 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Line numbering coming soon to all wikis[уреди]

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 17:09, 12 април 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Suggested Values[уреди]

Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 16:08, 22 април 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1[уреди]

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter

Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 01:06, 12 јуни 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program Submissions[уреди]

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 06:19, 16 јуни 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2[уреди]

16:15, 24 јуни 2021 (CEST)

Server switch[уреди]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 03:19, 27 јуни 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines review[уреди]

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 00:59, 18 август 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an end[уреди]

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

22:58, 1 септември 2021 (CEST)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in January[уреди]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 02:24, 7 септември 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021[уреди]

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030(_AT_)wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) 19:10, 10 септември 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Server switch[уреди]

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (разговор) 02:46, 11 септември 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Talk to the Community Tech[уреди]


Read this message in another languageПомогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик


As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.



The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (разговор) 05:04, 11 септември 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Гласањето за членови на нацртната комисија за Повелбата на Движењето започна[уреди]

Гласањето за членови на нацртната комисија за Повелбата на Движењето започна. За овие 7 места се кандидираат вкупно 70 викимедијанци од разни земји во светот.

Гласањето трае од 12 до 24 октомври 2021 г. (било каде на светот).

Комисијата ќе има вкупно 15 члена: Семрежните заедници бираат 7 члена, подружниците ќе изберат 6 члена по пат на напоредна постапка, а уште 2 члена ќе назначи самата Фондација Викимедија. Предвидено е комисијата да биде составена до 1 ноември 2021 г.

Дознајте повеќе за секој кандидат за да се одлучите за кого да гласате на претпочитаниот јазик: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>

Дознајте за Нацртната комисија: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>

Испробуваме советодавно помагало на овие избори. Послужете се со алатката за да видите кој кандидат највеќе ви одговара! Појдете на <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>

Прочитајте го целото соопштение: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Гласајте со SecurePoll на: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>


Екипа за управување и стратегија на движењето, Фондација Викимедија

Xeno (WMF) 04:55, 14 октомври 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Дознајте како доделбите за спроведување на Стратегијата на движењето можат да ги поддржат вашите планови за него[уреди]

Доделните за спроведување на Стратегијата на движењето сега нудат преку 2.000 долари за спроведување на стратешките планови на дело. Сознајте повеќе за доделбите, нивните услови и како да поднесете барање.

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (разговор) 10:37, 24 октомври 2021 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Запознајте ги новите членови на Нацртна комисија за Повелбата на Движењето[уреди]

Изборите за и одбирањето на членови на Нацртна комисија за Повелбата на Движењето завршија.

Комисијата наскоро ќе се состане и ќе почне со работа. Таа може да назначи уште три члена за да го премости јазот на разновидност и стручност.

Ако сте заинтересирани за изготовката на нацрт за Повелбата на Движењето, следете ги новостгите на Мета и приклучете се во групата на Телеграм.

Со благодарност од Екипата за стратегија на Движењето и управување

11:13, 3 ноември 2021 (CET)

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections[уреди]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.

While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:

  • What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
  • What involvement should candidates have during the election?

While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.

Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?

Contact the Movement Strategy and Governance team on Meta, on Telegram, or via email at msg(_AT_)wikimedia.org.

Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.


Movement Strategy and Governance

Благодариме. Xeno (WMF) 18:50, 27 декември 2021 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Отворен повикот за мислења за изборите за Одбор на доверители[уреди]

Повик за мислења: Изборите за Одбор на доверители се отпочнати и завршуваат на 7 февруари 2022 г. Со овој Повик за мислења, екипата „Стратегија и управување со движењето“ применува поинаков пристап. Во него се вклучени мислењата на заедницата од 2021 г. Наместо со предлози, повикот е срочен околу клучни прашања поставени од од Одборот на доверители. Тие прашања дојдоа од одѕивот за изборите за Одбор на доверители во 2021 г. Намерата е да се поттикне колективна дискусија и заедничка разработка на предлози по овие клучни прашања.

Придружете се на разговорот.


Стратегија и управување со движењето

AAkhmedova (WMF) (разговор) 08:12, 13 јануари 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Работното тело за развој на водство: Ве молиме за мислење[уреди]

Почитувани членови на заедницата,

Екипата за развој на заедницата при Фондацијата Викимедија го поддржува создавањето на глобално Работно тело за развој на водството со учество на заедницата. Замислата за телото е да има советодавна улога во работата кон развојот на водството.

Екипата бара мислења за надлежностите на Работното тело за развој на водството.
На страница на Мета ќе го најдете предлогот за Работно тело за развој на водството и ќе дознаете како можете да помогнете.
Мислењата за предлогот ќе се собираат од 7 до 25 февруари 2022 г.


Бранимир Пипал --BPipal (WMF) (разговор) 20:24, 8 февруари 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]
Фасилитатор за Југоисточна Европа,
Стратегија и управување со движењето

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th March[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 05:50, 22 февруари 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Coming soon[уреди]

- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 13:38, 28 февруари 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrow[уреди]

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 15:41, 14 март 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Coming soon: Improvements for templates[уреди]

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 13:13, 29 април 2022 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Editing news 2022 #1[уреди]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

New editors were more successful with this new tool.

The New topic tool helps editors create new ==Sections== on discussion pages. New editors are more successful with this new tool. You can read the report. Soon, the Editing team will offer this to all editors at the 20 Wikipedias that participated in the test. You will be able to turn it off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion.

Whatamidoing (WMF) 20:55, 2 мај 2022 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Results of Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is out![уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

Hi, Greetings

The winners for Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is announced!

We are happy to share with you winning images for this year's edition. This year saw over 8,584 images represented on commons in over 92 countries. Kindly see images here

Our profound gratitude to all the people who participated and organized local contests and photo walks for this project.

We hope to have you contribute to the campaign next year.

Thank you,

Wiki Loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 18:12, 4 јули 2022 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?[уреди]

The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skin[уреди]

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin?[уреди]

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our plan[уреди]

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 06:15, 22 септември 2022 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Community Wishlist Survey 2023 opens in January[уреди]

Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик

(There is a translatable version of this message on MetaWiki)


The Community Wishlist Survey (CWS) 2023, which lets contributors propose and vote for tools and improvements, starts next month on Monday, 23 January 2023, at 18:00 UTC and will continue annually.

We are inviting you to share your ideas for technical improvements to our tools and platforms. Long experience in editing or technical skills is not required. If you have ever used our software and thought of an idea to improve it, this is the place to come share those ideas!

The dates for the phases of the Survey will be as follows:

  • Phase 1: Submit, discuss, and revise proposals – Monday, Jan 23, 2023 to Sunday, Feb 6, 2023
  • Phase 2: WMF/Community Tech reviews and organizes proposals – Monday, Jan 30, 2023 to Friday, Feb 10, 2023
  • Phase 3: Vote on proposals – Friday, Feb 10, 2023 to Friday, Feb 24, 2023
  • Phase 4: Results posted – Tuesday, Feb 28, 2023

If you want to start writing out your ideas ahead of the Survey, you can start thinking about your proposals and draft them in the CWS sandbox.

We are grateful to all who participated last year. See you in January 2023!

Ви благодариме! Community Tech, STei (WMF) 17:44, 15 декември 2022 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Привршува гласањето по преработените Напатствија за спроведување на Универзалниот правилник на однесување[уреди]

Поракава можете да ја најдете преведена на други јазици на Мета.

Здраво на сите,

Гласањето по преработениот Универзален правилник на однесување завршува за три дена во 23:59 ч. UTC на 31 јануари 2023 г. Посетете ја информативната страница за гласачи на Мета за да дознаете за правото на глас и поединости за гласањето. Повеќе за Упатството за спроведување и гласачкиот процес ќе најдете во претходната порака.

Во име на Проектната екипа на УПО,

Поздрав, MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 18:35, 30 јануари 2023 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Editing news 2023 #1[уреди]

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

This newsletter includes two key updates about the Editing team's work:

  1. The Editing team will finish adding new features to the Talk pages project and deploy it.
  2. They are beginning a new project, Edit check.

Talk pages project

Screenshot showing the talk page design changes that are currently available as beta features at all Wikimedia wikis. These features include information about the number of people and comments within each discussion.
Some of the upcoming changes

The Editing team is nearly finished with this first phase of the Talk pages project. Nearly all new features are available now in the Beta Feature for Разговорни алатки.

It will show information about how active a discussion is, such as the date of the most recent comment. There will soon be a new "Додај тема" button. You will be able to turn them off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion. Please tell them what you think.

Daily edit completion rate by test group: DiscussionTools (test group) and MobileFrontend overlay (control group)

An A/B test for Разговорни алатки on the mobile site has finished. Editors were more successful with Разговорни алатки. The Editing team is enabling these features for all editors on the mobile site.

New Project: Edit Check

The Editing team is beginning a project to help new editors of Wikipedia. It will help people identify some problems before they click "Објави промени". The first tool will encourage people to add references when they add new content. Please watch that page for more information. You can join a conference call on 3 March 2023 to learn more.

Whatamidoing (WMF) (разговор) 00:25, 23 февруари 2023 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Your wiki will be in read only soon[уреди]

Trizek (WMF) (Разговор) 22:21, 27 февруари 2023 (CET)Одговори[одговори]

Reminder: Office hours about updating the Wikimedia Terms of Use[уреди]

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

This a reminder that the Wikimedia Foundation Legal Department is hosting office hours with community members about updating the Wikimedia Terms of Use.

The office hours will be held on March 2, at 17:00 UTC to 18:30 UTC. See for more details here on Meta.

Another office hours will be held on April 4.

We hereby kindly invite you to participate in the discussion. Please note that this meeting will be held in English language and led by the members of the Wikimedia Foundation Legal Team, who will take and answer your questions. Facilitators from the Movement Strategy and Governance Team will provide the necessary assistance and other meeting-related services.

On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Legal Team,

BPipal (WMF)

Wikimania 2023 Welcoming Program Submissions[уреди]

Do you want to host an in-person or virtual session at Wikimania 2023? Maybe a hands-on workshop, a lively discussion, a fun performance, a catchy poster, or a memorable lightning talk? Submissions are open until March 28. The event will have dedicated hybrid blocks, so virtual submissions and pre-recorded content are also welcome. If you have any questions, please join us at an upcoming conversation on March 12 or 19, or reach out by email at wikimania@wikimedia.org or on Telegram. More information on-wiki.

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[уреди]

MediaWiki message delivery 02:41, 21 април 2023 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[уреди]


As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:

  • Community members in good standing
  • Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
  • Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
  • Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
  • Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
  • Confidently able to communicate in English

The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.

The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocproject(_AT_)wikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.

Best regards,

Xeno (WMF) 21:01, 26 април 2023 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Selection of the U4C Building Committee[уреди]

The next stage in the Universal Code of Conduct process is establishing a Building Committee to create the charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). The Building Committee has been selected. Read about the members and the work ahead on Meta-wiki.

-- UCoC Project Team, 06:21, 27 мај 2023 (CEST)

Соопштение за новите членови на Изборната комисија[уреди]

Поракава можете да ја најдете преведена на други јазици на Мета.


Со задоволство ви ги соопштуваме новите членови и советници на Изборната комисија. Комисијата помага во осмислувањето и спроведувањето на постапката за избирање на членови на Одборот на доверители од страна на заедницата и подружниците. По отворената постапка за номинација, најпогодните кандидати зразговараа со Одборот и четворица од нив беа поканети да стапат во Изборната комисија. Четворица други беа поканети да учествуваат како советници.

Им благодариме на сите членови на заедницата кои ги поднесоа нивните имиња за разгледување. Се надеваме на успешна работа со Изборната комисија во блиска иднина.

Во име на Одборот на доверители на Фондацијата Викимедија,

RamzyM (WMF) 20:00, 28 јуни 2023 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Review the Charter for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee[уреди]

Hello all,

I am pleased to share the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct work. The Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C) draft charter is now ready for your review.

The Enforcement Guidelines require a Building Committee form to draft a charter that outlines procedures and details for a global committee to be called the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). Over the past few months, the U4C Building Committee worked together as a group to discuss and draft the U4C charter. The U4C Building Committee welcomes feedback about the draft charter now through 22 September 2023. After that date, the U4C Building Committee will revise the charter as needed and a community vote will open shortly afterward.

Join the conversation during the conversation hours or on Meta-wiki.


RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 17:36, 28 август 2023 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]

Your wiki will be in read-only soon[уреди]

Trizek_(WMF) (talk) 11:23, 15 септември 2023 (CEST)Одговори[одговори]