- 1 Save/Publish
- 2 RevisionSlider
- 3 Wikidata for Wiktionary: let’s get ready for lexicographical data!
- 4 Grants to improve your project
- 5 Creative Commons 4.0
- 6 Password reset
- 7 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 8 New way to edit wikitext
- 9 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 17:08, 12 септември 2016 (CEST)
Wikidata for Wiktionary: let’s get ready for lexicographical data![уреди]
Sorry for writing this message in English, please feel free to translate it in your own language below.
The Wikidata development team will start working on integrating lexicographical data in the knowledge base soon and we want to make sure we do this together with you.
Wikidata is a constantly evolving project and after four years of existence, we start with implementing support for Wiktionary editors and content, by allowing you to store and improve lexicographical data, in addition to the concepts already maintained by thousands of editors on Wikidata.
We have been working on this idea for almost three years and improving it with a lot of inputs from community members to understand Wiktionary processes.
Starting this project, we hope that the editors will be able to collaborate across Wiktionaries more easily. We expect to increase the number of editors and visibility of languages, and we want to provide the groundwork for new tools for editors.
Our development plan contains several phases in order to build the structure to include lexicographical data:
- creating automatic interwiki links on Wiktionary,
- creating new entity types for lexemes, senses, and forms on Wikidata,
- providing data access to Wikidata from Wiktionary
- improving the display of lexicographical information on Wikidata.
During the next months, we will do our best to provide you the technical structure to store lexicographical data on Wikidata and use it on Wiktionary. Don’t hesitate to discuss this within your local community, and give us feedback about your needs and the particularities of your languages.
Information about supporting lexicographical entities on Wikidata is available on this page. You can find an overview of the project, the detail of the development plan, answers to frequently asked questions, and a list of people ready to help us. If you want to have general discussions and questions about the project, please use the general talk page, as we won’t be able to follow all the talk pages on Wiktionaries. If you don’t feel comfortable with English, you can write in your own language and hopefully someone will volunteer to translate.
Grants to improve your project[уреди]
Помогнете со преводот на вашиот јазик:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Creative Commons 4.0[уреди]
Здраво! Ви пишувам од Фондацијата викимедија со цел да ве повикам да дадете ваше мислење за предложениот преод од лиценцата CC BY-SA 3.0 на лиценцата CC BY-SA 4.0 ширум сите Викимедиини проекти. Консултацијата ќе трае од 5 октомври до 8 ноември, и се надеваме дека ќе добиеме разновидни гледишта и ставови. Доколку сте заинтересирани, би ве замолиле да учествувате во расправата на Мета. Joe Sutherland (talk) 03:07, 6 октомври 2016 (CEST)
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (Разговор) / MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 00:59, 14 ноември 2016 (CET)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[уреди]
New way to edit wikitext[уреди]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --20:33, 14 декември 2016 (CET)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[уреди]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.